Tuesday, July 15, 2008

They found who did it!!!!

A friend of mine who sat in front of me during Algebra 3&4 in High School was murdered in 1995. I have often thought of her beauty, kindness, strength, and terrific sense of humor and how it was cut short by some horrible person. In the past I have contacted my hometown police department to find out whether an arrest had been made in the case. Unfortunately each time I called I would find that no progress had been made in the case or that the person I spoke with could not release information to me because I am not a family member. Periodically I would search the internet using her name to see if anything could be gleaned from the information superhighway. Over the intervening years I sort of gave up on ever seeing a resolution in the case. Thankfully, tonight I tried searching her name again and the above article was what I found. Hallelujah, they caught the damn bastard who snuffed out the life of a loving mother, sweet and loyal friend, and just a wonderful human being. Thanks to the police department for never giving up!

2 comments:

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I vaguely recall you talking about this when it happened. Thank goodness there are departments out there that never give up.

Blasphemous Homemaker said...

I'm lost - where is the article link?